The Territory’s current State of Emergency is in effect through July 11, 2020.
As part of a phased re-opening,
it is anticipated that Leisure Travel restrictions were lifted on
June 1, 2020.
- Business travelers, flight crews, health officials, emergency personnel, government guests, and persons who reside in the USVI may travel to and from the Territory
- Leisure visitors are encouraged to remain at home and follow the COVID-19 prevention measures recommended by public health experts
- Everyone should monitor the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and airline websites for travel advisories and other pertinent airline screening guidelines
- The Territory’s airports are open but have reduced service and there are some flight cancellations
- Travelers are advised to contact their airline regarding schedule changes or updates
- Incoming passengers are being screened to identify potential health risks and may be required to take the COVID-19 test
- Arriving passengers should follow stay-at-home directives ordered by the Governor and should monitor themselves for 14 days
- Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Airbnbs, etc. may accept new leisure guests now.
- Travelers are advised to contact their accommodations provider regarding cancellation policies.
- A Safer-at-Home Order is in effect.
- All patrons are required to wear a face mask or facial covering when entering a business; children under two or persons with acute respiratory issues are exempt.
- Gatherings are limited to fewer than 10 people.
Taxis and safari
- Taxis and safari vans may accommodate only half their normal capacity.
Bars and restaurants
- Bars and restaurants may open for dine-in patrons, provided that they do not exceed 50 percent capacity or 50 customers, whichever is less. Tables and bar stools must be six feet apart, and dining parties are limited to six or less
- Public beaches are open; social distancing must be maintained.
- Picnics and barbecues are not permitted
Businesses and Services (*Specific health and safety guidelines apply)
- Golf courses, bowling alleys, movie theaters, retail stores and personal services businesses are allowed to be open.
- Churches and other house
- Private healthcare facilities, private business offices, banks, laundromats, shipping companies, facilities that provide shelter and media outlets are allowed to be open.
- Retail stores are allowed to be open with no more than 10 persons in the establishment at anytime.
- Grocery stores, “big-box” stores, pharmacies and fuel stations are exempt from the 10-person limit.
- Gyms, tennis courts, houses of worship may conduct services providing they do not exceed a capacity of 50 individuals.
Like every other destination experiencing this unprecedented pandemic, the Territory is continuously evaluating its policies. When a decision is made regarding the extension or removal of leisure travel restrictions, it will be made publicly available.
Please stay safely at home and continue to monitor usviupdate.com.